At Marsden Martial Arts in Chesterfield, we like to live our lives with a series of Codes of Conduct – applicable in Martial Arts and life in general.
1. Eye Contact Keep eye contact with the person talking to you at all times. When some one is addressing you, stand straight and look them in the eyes.
2. Responding To Any Adult When responding to any adult, you must answer with complete sentences, not just 'yes' , 'no' or 'urgh' For example, if you are asked
3. Dojo Manners “We will follow certain Dojo rules. We will be organised (we are responsible for making sure we have our uniform including belt), efficient, and on
4. Encouragement If someone wins a game or does something well in the Dojo, we will congratulate that person. Claps should be at least three seconds in length with
5. Humility If you win or do well at something, do not brag. If you lose, do not show anger. Instead, say something like, “I really enjoyed the competition
6. Ask The Right Questions If you are fed up of losing, then learn how to win" which means being honest with yourself and ask yourself why you are not